The Username: tab
contains all the data you
can enter about a user, such as
his/her contact information,
This tab has 3 parts: the
title bar, the navigation tabs and the user information table.
The title bar tells
you where you are in AceProject. At the end of the title
bar you will find a link to contextual help.
- The Navigation Tabs allow you to browse quickly between:
user, assigned projects, multiple project assignment and multiple task
The User Information table displays data about the user.
User information is organized in four groups: Account, Contact,
Access Rights, and Preferences.
with an asterisk*
- The "Account" group contains the connection information for
is what the user will enter to login to AceProject.
- Passwords are NOT case-sensitive.
- Each user can be assigned to a user group. User Groups help keep
users together, for example as teams or departments.
- The "Contact" group tells you how you can reach this user.
- The email address is required for email notifications to
work. You can enter several email addresses separated by a
semi-colon ( ; ).
- The "Access Rights" group contains the user's overall rights. To
get all detailed information about access rights,
- The Access Level group is divided in two groups:
Administrator and Normal.
- An Administrator has full control on the company's account. Only
administrators can see the Administration tab on top, while
non-administrators will only see 3 tabs: the “My Office” tab, the
"Project” tab, and the “Help” tab. Exclusive actions for
*** Generally, to ensure optimal security, there should have a limited
number of administrators per account.
- Manage all users, import data, delete projects and delete user
- Manage the account information, time types, project types, project
priorities, clients, and user groups.
- Edit and delete timesheets entered by other users, by using the
Time Approval module.
- Open every project and edit its entire content, even if they are
not assigned to it.
- A normal user's access rights may vary from one project to
- Access rights are given by the project manager or by the
administrator, to each user, when he/she is assigned to a project.
Once the user has been assigned to the project, he/she will be able to
perform actions within that project in accordance with his/her
- Projects that are not assigned to a normal user will not be
viewable unless he/she is assigned to them.
- Normal users only see 3 tabs in AceProject: My Office, the
current project tab, and the Help tab.
- The "This user can add a project" access right allows the user to
create a blank project or to copy any project template in which the
user has been assigned as a project manager.
- The "Administration - Limited Mode" access right is like an
enhanced "project" tab. When this mode is enabled, the
"Administration - Limited" tab is displayed on top. It contains
features like Gantt charts, time reports or task reports for all the
normal user's assigned projects.
- This access right does not give access to the account or user
- This access right grants the "Can Open This Project" access right
automatically. In other words, even if a user is assigned to a project
but cannot open it, the "Administration - Limited Mode" will give
him/her the right to open it. However, the behaviour of the "Project
Manager", the "Time Approval" and the "Edit Task Level" access rights
will remain the same.
- The Status group is used to set whether the user can access
AceProject or not.
- The "Can Login" option is set as default. It allows the user to
access the account.
- The "Can't Login" option is useful to prevent a user from
in without having to delete that user.
- The Time Entry Mode group lets you decide how users will
enter their time; it can be manually, automatically or both options
combined. The following options are available:
- "Timesheet + IN/OUT" gives users the flexibility to either enter
their time manually or automatically, as mentioned earlier.
- "Timesheet Only" forces the users to enter their time manually,
in the "My Office -> My Timesheets" section.
This option disables the IN/OUT module.
- "IN/OUT Only" forces the users to use the counter to enter their
time. To start the counter, the user must open a task and click the
"Open IN/OUT" link on top right of the main window. This option ensures efficient monitoring of users, since they
cannot edit the time entered afterwards.
- "Time Entry Disabled" prohibits users from filling out a time
sheet either manually or automatically.
- The User Directory group is used to set permissions, for
the user, in regard to which users will be displayed in his/her user
directory. The User Directory is located under the "My Office" tab and displays other users' coordinates, such
as phone numbers and email address.
- "Display All Users" shows all users configured in your account.
- "Display Only Administrators" shows a list of administrator-level
- "Users Assigned on the Same Projects" will display a list of all
users assigned on the same projects. Users assigned to other projects
will not be displayed.
- "Users in the Same Group" shows users who belong to the same user
group. For example, an architect would only see other architects.
- "Disabled" removes the "User Directory" feature from the left
panel, in the "My Office" section. This option is useful if you need
to increase confidentiality and hide the user directory
for certain users.
- The Preferences group contains the user's individual
is useful to be
warned when a new task is assigned or an existing task is
modified. This avoids having to connect to AceProject frequently to check for new or updated
tasks. Simply check the
appropriate boxes to have AceProject send an email
notification. Of course, if email notification is enabled, the
email field becomes mandatory.
You can enter several email addresses separated by a
semi-colon ( ; ). Email notifications are sent in
HTML format, so your email program must be able to display this
of tasks per page"
lets you decide how many tasks will be displayed in all task lists you
are allowed to view.
projects per page"
lets you decide how many projects will be displayed in all project
lists you are allowed to view.
The "Project to Open Upon Login" drop-down list lets you choose a
default project to open when the user logs in.
If no project is chosen, the default page upon login will be "My
- The "Sort Task Report by" option lets you decide the sorting order
of all task reports you are allowed to view. Use the first drop-down
list to select a column and use the second drop-down list to choose
the sorting order.
- The "Sor
t Project Report by" option lets you decide the
sorting order of all project reports you are allowed to view.
Use the first drop-down list to select a column and use the
second drop-down list to choose the sorting order.
- The "Time Zone"
field lets you choose your geographical location in order
to display correct date and time
- The "Date Format" drop-down list lets you choose your preferred
date and time format as well as your preferred decimal symbol (period
- The "Monthly Gantt Chart" drop-down list lets you decide how many
months will be displayed in all monthly Gantt charts you are allowed
- The "Weekly Gantt Chart" drop-down list let you decide how many
weeks will be displayed in all weekly Gantt charts you are allowed to
The "Language" drop-down list lets you choose which language
will be used in AceProject's interface. All email notifications will be sent in the
language you will have chosen.
- Check the "Send connection information to the user" checkbox to
send login information to the user once the "Update" button is
clicked. He/she will receive an email
with the company login name, his/her username/password and the login
page . This is a useful feature that saves
time when creating new users.
save your changes.
remove the user
from the account. Click
to return to the
page without saving your changes.
How can I get more details about access rights?
We have created a detailed page that provides all necessary
information about access rights. Click
here to view this page.
is the project to open upon login?
The "Project to Open Upon Login" drop-down list lets you choose a default
project to open when the user logs in.
If no project is chosen, the default page upon login will be "My Tasks".
do I use email notification?
A user can decide to receive an email
he/she is assigned to a new task
or when one of his/her assigned tasks is updated.
To enable email notification, simply check the email notification boxes
and make sure you
email address. Click
here to get all details about email notifications.
How long does it takes to receive an email notification?
sent instantly after the task is added or updated.
do I assign a project to a user?
To assign a project to a user (including yourself), click
"Assigned Projects" tab, then click the