This page aims to help you learn to use AceProject's interface
efficiently. AceProject uses a tab-based navigation.
mouse over the red zones in the screen capture below to know
more about them or read
on for a more detailed explanation on
how to use AceProject's interface.
When you Connect
AceProject's main window
contains a header, a menu and a content
- The header contains AceProject's logo, navigation tabs,
language and upgrade options, as well as connection information.
- Each navigation tab takes you to a specific part of the
system. They are described in detail further down.
- There is a drop-down list next the navigation tabs.
Use it to open a project in the list. The project will be
opened in the second tab.
- At the top right of the window are the upgrade and
language options. You can switch between English and French
from anywhere in the system. It is also very easy to transform
your existing account to ADVANCED, PRO or GOLD packages
without losing your data.
- Just below the language and upgrade options AceProject
displays the name of your company and the user who is
- AceProject can manage multiple projects, but you can only open one
project at a time. The opened project is displayed in
the second tab. To see data from more than one project at a
time, you have two options:
- In the "My Office" tab, you can see all tasks assigned to
you, regardless of project.
- In the "Administration" tab, you can see all existing
projects or all existing tasks.
- The left panel contains links to options and features related to the
opened tab. Depending on the tab that is opened, the links on the left
panel may be different.
- The content area displays what you selected on the left panel.
AceProject's Navigation Tabs
AceProject has four navigation tabs: "My Office", the project's tab,
"Administration", and "Help".
- Depending on your access rights, you may not see the
"Administration" tab or the project's tab.
- If you have no default project to open upon login, you will
only see the "My Office" and "Help" tabs. Once you open a project
form the "My Office" tab, the project's tab will appear.
- The My Office tab contains all the information about
the user who is connected. This is like a private section.
- User preferences can be set from this tab. You can adjust
settings such as your password, time zone or even the number
of tasks to display on each page.
- Your assigned tasks, projects, time sheets and messages
are all available from this tab.
- The project's tab contains all the information about the opened project.
- The Administration tab contains all the account and
project configuration options.
- You can get an overview of all your projects, users, tasks, etc.
- This tab contains several administrative tools, such as a
calendar, statistics, reports, and Gantt charts for all
- The Help tab is your gateway to AceProject support.
It contains all the contextual help files as well as a
getting started guide to AceProject.
How to Navigate through the Pages
Each page follows the same format. There is a left panel, a
title bar, and the actual page content.
- The left panel changes depending on
the active tab. When there is an arrow next to a menu item, it
means you can click it to open a sub-menu.
- The title bar at the top of the content area often has a
number next to the title. This is the number of items that are
displayed in that page.
- At the end of the title bar you will find page-specific
options (such as adding a new task), a link to a
printer-friendly version of the page and to the contextual help.
- Below the title bar, you may see a filter menu. This enables
you to choose which items to display depending on their status,
for example. You can also use the filter menu to make a search.
- Whenever a column header is underlined, you can click it to
sort the table.
- If there are too many items in the page, you will see a page
browser at the bottom of the page to switch from one page to another.
When making a bookmark to your AceProject account, make sure to
point to the login page (login.asp).