window is used to
close an IN/OUT item.
An IN/OUT item is used to log your time automatically for a task.
When you close
the IN/OUT, the hours elapsed are added to your time sheet for
parts: the title bar
and the Edit tab.
title bar tells you where you are in AceProject. At the end
of the title bar you will find the link to contextual help.
is a form to choose your
parameters for the IN/OUT item.
- Since everything is automated, you can only choose your
time type, your
current week and enter a comment.
- "Start Time" is the date and time when you opened the
- "Estimated Hours" is the figure from the task itself. It
corresponds to how long it should take to complete the task.
- "Elapsed Hours" corresponds to the amount of time since
this time counter was activated.
- "Remaining Hours" corresponds to Estimated Hours - Elapsed
Hours. If there is a negative number, it means the counter
has been active for a longer time than what was originally
- "Time Type" identifies the nature of the hours worked.
- "Current Week" lets you choose in which time sheet to log
- The "Week" table shows how your time will be logged in the
time sheet. If you have Administrator access, you will be
able to make changes to these values, otherwise they cannot
- The Comments field lets you add any additional
information. Once you close your IN/OUT item, AceProject
will automatically add the start and end times for the item
in this field.
- IMPORTANT: You cannot log more than 24 hours in one day.
If you forget to close an IN/OUT item after 24 hours, the
system will force you to delete it.
- Click the "Close (OUT)" button to save this time. It
will add the new work item to your time sheet for the chosen
- Click "Delete" to cancel this time counter. This will
stop the counter without adding a new work item to your
- Click Back" to cancel and return to the task window.
What are IN/OUT items
IN/OUT items are used
by each user to log his/her time automatically.
When they close
the IN/OUT, the hours elapsed are added to their time sheet
for that task. For
administrators, this window is useful to know which task each user
is working on.